Resources mentioned in our webinar
- Video of the webinar is above - click to play
- Download a PDF of the slides from the webinar
- Readability Formulas (test for readability - aim for 7th / 8th grade)
Articles and background:
- Attention is the new currency (Huffington Post)
- Why you won’t finish this article(Slate)
- More about the nut graf, or nutshell paragraph(Wikipedia)
- 59% of people share posts without reading
- Bogus article about Facebook sharing (shared 146,000 times)
- Great article from Oxford Dictionaries with tips for online writing
- Tips on how to write articles from Medium
Questions that came up:
- Research on font readability - this is all over the board, but there's an interesting article here that talks about the general approach. Again, I wouldn't use more than two on your web page content.
- Options for testing for screen readers - I found a somewhat older article that references multiple options for both PC and Mac - you can check it out here (but no promises!)
Be sure to join upcoming webinars for more tips!
We can help
If you'd like to learn about how the Streamline Web platform can help your district stay compliant (with absolutely no obligation!) sign up using the form at right and we'll get right back to you.